Whether you’re craving a rich feed or watching your waistline, there are delish choices to suit your mood .
"The day before, make meatball s to the end of Step 2 and chill , covered."
Prep 10 mins | Cook 15 mins | Per Serve 627 kcal | Serves 4
Coriander leaves, chilli flakes, to serve
1. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with just-boiled water. Separate with a fork and drain well. Set aside.
2. Combine pork, 2 tbsps of the laksa paste and 1 tsp of the fish sauce. Mix well in blender. Roll the mixture into balls.
3. In a wok, heat oil on high. Cook meatballs for 4 to 5 mins, tossing, until browned. Add remaining laksa paste and half the onion and cook for 1 min.
4. Add stock, coconut milk and snow peas. Cook for 1 min. Stir remaining onion and fish sauce through.
"Store curr y powder away from heat as it can affect the flavour."
Prep 15 mins | Cook 10 mins | Per Serve 411 kcal | Serves 4
Sliced red chilli, coriander leaves, to serve
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Saute curry powder 30 secs until fragrant. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in stock and evaporated milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, simmer 2 mins. Add prawns. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 mins.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet instructions. Drain well.
4. Add bai cai to soup mixture and cook, stirring, 1 min, until beginning to wilt. Stir in juice and sugar to taste.
5. Divide noodles, sprouts and onions between 4 bowls. Add an even amount of prawns and bai cai to each bowl.
Prep 30 mins + Proving | Cook 15 mins | Per Serve 930 kcal | Serves 4
½ cup halved marinated artichokes Baby rocket leaves, to serve
1. In a small jug, combine water, yeast and sugar. Set aside in a warm place for 10 mins until mixture is frothy.
2. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Make a well and stir in yeast mixture to form a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 mins until smooth and elastic.
3. Place dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Leave to rise in a warm place, 1 hour, until dough doubles in size. Knock down dough to remove gas. Knead into a smooth ball.
4. Preheat the oven to very hot, 220 C. Lightly grease a large pizza tray. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 32-cm round and place on pizza tray, extending 2 cm over edges. Place cheese stringers around inside edge of crust. Brush edges with water, fold extended edge of dough over cheese, and pinch firmly to seal. Bake 5 to 8 mins until dough is lightly golden.
5. Spread sauce over base, top with half pizza cheese, mushrooms, capsicum, pepperoni and artichoke. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 to 12 mins, until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown. Top with rocket leaves to serve.
"Try with salami or ham in place of chorizo."
Prep 20 mins | Cook 40 mins | Per Serve 412 kcal | Serves 4
100 g baby bocconcini, drained Basil leaves, mixed salad, to serve
1. Preheat oven to hot, 200 C. Line a large pizza tray with baking paper.
2. Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high, 8 to 10 mins, until very tender. Drain well in a fine sieve and cool slightly. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
3. Transfer caulifl ower to a bowl with cheeses and egg. Season to taste and mix well. Press mixture firmly out over tray to make an even 1 cm-thick round. Bake 15 to 20 mins until lightly golden.
4. Spread passata over base. Top with chorizo, onion, capsicum and bocconcini.
"Free ze leftover egg whites in ice-cube trays and use for omelett es."
Prep 10 mins | Cook 20 mins | Per Serve 883 kcal | Serves 4
2 green onions, diagonally sliced
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 mins or until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute chicken, in batches, for 3 mins or until browned and cooked. Add bacon and garlic and saute 3 mins or until browned. Add cream and parmesan and bring to the boil. Stir in egg yolks and cook for 2 mins, or until mixture thickens.
Prep 15 mins | Cook 20 mins | Per Serve 399 kcal | Serves 4
2 bunches asparagus spears, trimmed 2 tbsps finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a saucepan, melt spread on medium. Saute garlic 30 secs or until fragrant. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 min or until thick. Gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking for 5 mins or until sauce boils and thickens. Add ham, cream cheese and parmesan and cook 3 mins, or until combined and heated.
2. Meanwhile, spray chicken with oil. Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Chargrill chicken for 3 mins, each side, or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate. Cover with foil and rest for 5 mins. Slice diagonally.
3. Cook beans and asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 mins or until tender. Drain and toss with extra dairy spread. Season.
"Use a mandoline to get the very finely sliced cabb age and fennel."
Prep 20 mins | Cook 30 mins + Chilling | Per Serve 859 kcal | Serves 4
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying Cayenne pepper, to serve
1 tsp curry powder
¼ cup lemon juice
1. Bring potatoes to the boil in a saucepan of salted water on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 2 mins until tender. Drain, return to pan. Mash with milk until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine mash, salmon, onions, fresh and ground coriander, cumin, paprika and zest. Season. Shape ⅓ cupfuls mixture into 12 patties.
3. Coat each patty in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to a tray. Chill 30 mins.
4. AIOLI In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and curry powder until combined. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
5. CABBAGE & FENNEL In a large bowl, combine cabbage and fennel. Add coriander and lemon juice. Season.
Prep 20 mins + Marinating | Cook 10 mins | Per Serve 446 kcal | Serves 4
Toasted sesame seeds, pickled ginger, to serve
1. In a shallow dish, combine salmon with ¼ cup teriyaki marinade and garlic. Marinate 15 mins.
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Fry salmon skin-side down first, 2 to 3 mins each side, until just cooked through.
3. In a large wok, stir-fry beans and peas, 1 to 2 mins until bright green and tender.
4. Place noodles in a colander in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over and submerge for 1 to 2 mins until noodles loosen. Drain and gently toss vegetables and remaining marinade through.
Prep 15 mins | Cook 40 mins | Per Serve 734 kcal | Serves 4
Mixed salad, to serve
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion 3 mins or until soft. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 mins or until browned. Add beans, tomatoes and tomato paste and cook 5 mins or until heated. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to moderate, about 180 C. Grease a 30 cm x 20 cm (base measurement) ovenproof dish. Spoon half the salsa over base of prepared dish.
3. For each enchilada, place a tortilla on a flat surface. Top with an eighth of the beef mixture, roll to enclose and form a log. Place seam-side down in prepared dish. Repeat to make 8 in total. Top with remaining salsa and cheese, and bake for 25 mins or until bubbling and golden. Sprinkle enchiladas with coriander and paprika. Serve with salad.
"Cook the beef filling up to 2 days ahead, then refrigerate. "
Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins | Per Serve 293 kcal | Serves 4
½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
1. Spray onion with oil. Heat a large frying pan on medium. Add onion, corn, celery and capsicum, and saute 3 mins or until onion is soft.
2. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 mins or until browned and cooked. Add tomatoes, four-bean mix and tomato paste and cook 3 mins or until heated and combined. Stir the coriander through.
PHOTOS: ROB SHAW & RODNEY MACUJA / BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU