Got half an hour? Then dinner’s sorted.
Prep and Cook 20 mins | Serves 4
400 g dried pappardelle
1. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook for 5 mins or until starting to crisp; add garlic, cook, while stirring, for 1 min.
2. Combine the eggs and parmesan in a medium bowl.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water; drain.
"Chicken and pesto pasta bake"
Prep and Cook 30 mins | Serves 4-6
100 g bocconcini cheese, sliced thinly
1. Process the basil, garlic, pine nuts and spinach in a small blender, or food processor until chopped finely. With motor operating, add oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Stir in half the parmesan. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of well-salted boiling water until just tender. Drain pasta.
3. Meanwhile, heat the extra oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken; cook over high heat until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Preheat oven grill on high heat.
5. Toss pesto through the pasta and chicken in a large bowl; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place pasta mixture in a large ovenproof dish; top with remaining parmesan and bocconcini. Grill for a few minutes or until cheese has melted and parmesan is golden.
"Linguine with garlic prawns"
Prep and Cook 15 mins | Serves 4
2 tbsps finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra leaves for serving
Lemon halves, to serve
1. First, shell and devein prawns. Butterfly prawns by cutting along the centre back without cutting all the way through.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Then, cook prawns for 1 to 2 mins or until just cooked through. Remove from pan.
4. Add remaining oil, garlic and chilli to the pan; cook over medium-high heat for 1 min or until fragrant but not coloured.
5. Add cooked pasta, prawns and chopped parsley to garlic mixture in pan; toss to combine, adding a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water if necessary. Serve with lemon and extra parsley.
"Spinach, tomato and lemon linguine"
Prep and Cook 25 mins | Serves 4
1 cup (80 g) coarsely grated parmesan
1. Bring the water to the boil in a deep, large frying pan over high heat. Add the pasta, tomato, rind, oil and salt. Cover with lid; return to the boil. As soon as it comes to the boil, uncover and cook over high heat for 8 mins, turning the pasta regularly with a pair of tongs to stop pasta from sticking to base of the frying pan.
2. Meanwhile, combine capers, olives and extra oil in a small bowl.
3. Remove pan from the heat. Add spinach and half the parmesan; toss gently with tongs. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
PHOTOS: BEN DEARNLEY & JOHN PAUL URIZAR/BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU