Berry Croissant Crumble
Prep 10 mins + 20 mins to stand | Cook 35 mins | Serves 6
1 cup vanilla yoghurt, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Whisk milk, eggs, cream, sugar and essence in a jug. Layer croissants in a 1.5 litre (6 cups) ovenproof dish.
2. Pour egg mixture evenly over top of croissants. Sprinkle with berries and cinnamon. Stand for 20 mins.
3. Place dish in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 35 mins or until just set at centre. Remove from oven.
Prep 20 mins + 10 mins to stand | Cook 25 mins | Serves 4
1 quantity Butterscotch Sauce (see tip), to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease 4 x 1 cup ramekins. Combine dates and just-boiled water in a heatproof bowl. Stir in bicarbonate of soda (mixture should fizz). Stand for 10 mins.
2. Place plain flour in a small bowl. Rub in butter to make fine crumbs. Stir in oats, pecans and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat extra butter and extra sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add egg, beating well. Fold in combined self-raising flour and extra plain flour alternately with date mixture, until combined. Spoon into ramekins. Sprinkle with oat mixture. Bake for 20 mins.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate bar; bake for 5 mins or until golden brown. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
Apple & Raspberry Crumble
Prep 10 mins | Cook 30 mins | Makes 4
½ cup skinless hazelnuts, coarsely chopped Icing sugar, to dust Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Grease 4 x ¼ cup ramekins. Place on an oven tray. Combine apple, raspberries, caster sugar, juice, essence and mixed spice in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into ramekins.
2. Combine flour, coconut, brown sugar and extra mixed spice in a bowl. Rub in butter to make fine crumbs. Stir in hazelnuts. Spoon hazelnut mixture over apple mixture.
Prep 15 mins + cooling | Cook 30 mins | Serves 6
1 tbsp golden syrup Vanilla custard, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Place a 20-cm (base measurement), 2-litre (8 cups) round ovenproof dish on an oven tray. Combine apple and cinnamon in a heavy-based saucepan over moderate heat. Cook, cover, stirring occasionally, for 6 mins or until apple is tender. Remove from heat. Cool. Add caramel and cream; mix well. Spoon into prepared dish.
2. Sift flour and extra cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in demerara sugar, flaked almonds and desiccated coconut. Melt butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Stir into flour mixture to form coarse crumbles. Sprinkle over apples in dish.
3. Bake for 20 mins or until golden. Serve with custard.