Linguine with Rocket Pesto, Anchovy & Chilli
Prep 10 mins / Cook 15 mins / Serves 4.
500 g linguine.
100 g rocket, plus extra to serve.
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsps extra.
1 lemon juice.
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
1 tomato, finely diced.
10 whole anchovy fillets, finely chopped.
3 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped.
½ cup grated parmesan Silvered almonds, chilli flakes, to serve.
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook linguine following packet instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse rocket, olive oil, lemon juice and half garlic until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, heat extra olive oil on medium. Cook tomato, anchovies, chillies and remaining garlic, 3 to 4 mins, until softened.
4. Add pasta, reserved cooking water, rocket pesto and parmesan to pan. Cook 1 to 2 mins, stirring, until sauce has thickened and pasta is hot. Season to taste.
5. Serve pasta sprinkled with silvered almonds, extra rocket and chilli flakes.
CHEF’S tip: Shredded barbecue chicken or sliced salami would be delicious in this dish.