We’re all for do-it-all products as long as they do it all well.
A hair primer, which works like a makeup base for hair, does do it all well. Here are ﬁve ways it’s good.
1) It’s a lightweight leave-in conditioner. It doesn’t weigh down ﬁne hair, and works just as well on normal hair. But if you have very dry or damaged hair, you’ll need to apply a separate leavein conditioner.
2) It’s a pre-styler. A hair primer works like a “base coat”, smoothing hair and helping styling products to stay on until the end of the day.
3) It’s a styling product. It detangles, gives shine to any type of hair, and provides a light hold for lowmaintenance styles like loose or Bnatural waves.
4) It acts as a moisture barrier, keeping humidity out and preventing midday frizz.
5) It protects hair. The coating of primer on your hair is a shield against UV damage, as well as heat from styling tools like your blow dryer, straightening iron or curler. For a list of hair primers you can buy, go to our digital edition. – KT
PHOTOGRAPHY RAYMOND LEE STYLING BRYAN GOH HAIR ZEEVY TEE, USING KEVIN. MURPHY MAKEUP KENNETH LEE, USING CLE DE PEAU BEAUTE MODEL OLIVIA/LOOQUE