Tired of the same old BBQ chicken wings? Then you will love how we’ve spiced up classic favourites.
Pork Chops With A Cherry Citrus Sa lad Prep & Cook 30 mins | Serves 4 2 (700 g) ruby-red grapefruit
4 x 250 g pork loin chops
1 medium (300 g) fennel bulb, sliced finely 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
½ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil 200 g bottled morello cherries in syrup, drained, halved
½ bunch chervil, sprigs picked SAVOURY RUB
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp sea salt flakes
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1. Finely grate the rind from one of the grapefruits, you will need 1 tbsp of finely grated rind for the Savoury Rub. To segment the grapefruits, cut the top and bottom off the fruit. Following the curve of the fruit, cut away skin and white pith. Holding fruit over a bowl to catch juices, cut down either side of each segment between the membranes to release the segment.
2. SAVOURY RUB Place the fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle, roughly grind. Add the salt and pepper, grind to combine.
Transfer to a small bowl, add the grated rind, rubbing it in with your fingers.
3. Put pork onto a clean tray; spread the Savoury Rub into the surface of the pork.
4. Combine the fennel, vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper; toss to coat.
5. Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the pork with a little olive oil, and place on the grill. Cook for 4 mins, turn the pork over and cook for another 4 to 5 mins or until cooked through. Remove to a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 mins.
6. Add grapefruit segments and cherries to the fennel mixture. Divide the salad between four plates. Add the chervil and top with the warm pork chops.