READY, SET, GLOW!
’Tis the season to glow up. Want radiant, sun-kissed skin with minimal effort? Go for easy, breezy makeup that lets your natural beauty shine through: foundations with lightweight coverage, luxurious oils for a hint of shine, iridescent highlighters, and the secret weapon – a touch of bronzer to your temples and cheekbones to add subtle definition.
1. Cover Glow Cushion in Vanilla, $35.90, Missha.
2. Ignite Wonder Face Palette, $75, M.A.C.
3. Ink Lasting Foundation Glow SPF30/PA++ in N201, $34, The Face Shop.
4. Unlimited Breathable Lasting Foundation in #664 Medium Light Shell, $72, Shu Uemura.
5. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer, $39, Sasa.
6. YSL Top Secrets Instant Moisture Glow, $86, BHG.
7. Drops Of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum, $45, The Body Shop.
8. Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer in Private Island, $46, Sephora.
9. Clinique Cheek Pop in #08 Melon Pop, $40, BHG.
10. Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil in Nutmeg Sienna, $25, NYX Professional Makeup.
LET'S GET LOUD
Forget less is more: now is the perfect occasion to inject a splash of colour to your makeup routine. After all, nothing says “vacay” like playful, candy-coloured hues. Be it the perfect red pout, bold eyeshadow or a rainbow manicure, it’s time to get a lot more colourful.
1. Creamy Tint Color Balm Intense in No. 5 Blooming Rose, $16, Mamonde.
2. Rouge Unlimited Matte in RD163, $38, Shu Uemura.
3. Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip in Juicy Date, $39, BHG.
4. Voce Moda Macaron Makeup Sponges, $26.90 for six, Sasa.
5. Style Nail Polish in 13PK and 26PP, $4 each, The Face Shop.
6. Huda Beauty Nude Eyeshadow Palette, $100, Sephora.
7. Play Color Eye Palette #Best Loved, $43.90, Etude House.
8. Dior Addict Stellar Shine in #536 Lucky, $52, BHG.
PREPPED, PRIMED & PROTECTED
Constant exposure to the sun, sand and salt water can take a toll, leaving your complexion looking dull and your tresses damaged. Say goodbye to bad skin and hair days with products that will prep and protect you from the harsh elements – think soothing creams, reparative hair masks and setting sprays. And the number one rule? Never leave home without SPF.
1. Rose Sandalwood Micellar Cleansing Toner, $25.90, Hysses.
2. RPR Fix My Frizz Smoothing Shampoo, $19.50, Beauty Language.
3. Bija Cica Balm, $35, Innisfree.
4. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask, $38, Sephora.
5. Sun Block Pact SPF50+/PA++, $68, The Odbo.
6. Supergoop! 100% Mineral Matte Screen Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF40, $56, Sephora.
7. Sunguard 50+ Nuance Pearl SPF50+/PA++++ (50ml), $50, FANCL.
8. Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream, $68, Kiehl’s.
9. Bare With Me Prime. Set. Refresh. Multitasking Spray, $21, NYX Professional Makeup.
SWEET SUMMER SCENTS
Nothing sends our senses into overdrive like the evocative aromas of summer – be it the salty tang of seawater, flowers in full bloom or coconut-scented sunscreen. From intoxicating fragrances to moisturising hand creams and candles bursting with floral notes, these beauty products will instantly transport you on an olfactory journey to a relaxing, sun-drenched holiday.
1. Tous Gems Power EDT (30ml), $69, Sasa.
2. Flower Scented Hand Cream in Honeysuckle, $10, Mamonde.
3. Anna Sui Fantasia Mermaid EDT (75ml), $129, BHG.
4. Gucci Bloom Gocce Di Fiori EDT (100ml), $194, BHG.
5. My Plant Hand Cream in Good Luck, $11, The Face Shop.
6. Blush Bouquet Small Jar Candle, $35, Yankee Candle.
7. Marc Jacobs Daisy Love EDT (100ml), $150, BHG.
Photography Frenchescar Lim Art Direction Kim Wong