Inspired by ink stamps, these cushion foundations blur out imperfections and give you radiant, glowing skin BY ARISSA HA
1. Infused with the proprietary Caviar Water, the La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Foundation SPF 25 PA+++, $365, features a unique dispensing system to transfer the right amount of product on the sponge each time. The result is an airbrushed finish that doesn’t settle into lines, imparting a matte, but radiant finish.
2. The Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion EX SPF 50+ PA+++, $80, has a unique formula which suspends pigments in water as opposed to oil, so it glides on skin easily to create a seamless canvas.
3. Designed to be used on-the-go, the La Mer Luminous Lifting Cushion Foundation SPF 20, $160, is a long-wearing cushion foundation that is sweat-resistant. Hydrating ingredients keep skin looking luminous, while Colour Capsule Technology helps prevent oxidation to keep the colour consistent and true, all day long.
4. Containing three active ingredients to hydrate, plump and improve the appearance of wrinkles, the Lancôme Absolue Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++, $140, covers imperfections easily without feeling heavy or greasy on skin.
5. The Sisley Phyto-Blanc Cushion Foundation SPF 30 PA +++, $155, doesn’t just correct imperfections – its antioxidant-rich formula defends against free radical damage, pollution and UV light. The Phyto-Blanc Complex comprising active ingredients like vitamin C and rhubarb extract lightens pigmentation for bright, even skin tone.
Tap & Glow
These cushion foundations cover flaws, hydrate skin, protect against UV damage and lend it a subtle glow – all in a compact you can take anywhere
6. Transfer-proof and hydrating, the Clarins Everlasting Cushion SPF 50 PA+++, $65, covers flaws and protects against pollution and UV damage.
7. The liquid-to-powder formula of the shu uemura Petal Skin Cushion Foundation SPF 25 PA+, $78, minimises the appearance of pores and imparts a velvety matte finish.
8. The handy two-in-one ETUDE HOUSE Any Cushion Duo case, $16, with Any Cushion All Day Perfect SPF 50+ PA+++, $19, and Any Balm Blue in 01 Apricot, $9.90, lets you customise what you want to take with you – from concealers, colour correctors to blushers, all in a handy compact.
9. Infused with mineral-rich water, the Cremorlab Eau Thermale Cushion Dazzling Therapy SPF 50+ PA+++, $58, keeps skin hydrated and covers imperfections easily with its high-coverage formula.
10. The LANEIGE Layering Cover Cushion & Concealing Base SPF34 PA++, $43, is a two-in-one cushion which comes with a foundation and concealer. Use together or alone to create varying finishes and coverage to suit your needs.
11. Formulated to last up to 12 hours, the innisfree Long Wear Cover Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++, $19 for cushion, $12 for cover, is sweat-resistant and keeps skin looking shine free.
12. The HERA Black Cushion SPF34 PA++, $75, has a unique Double Layer Technology which goes on like a gel, drying to a semi-matte finish protected by a layer of soft film to prevent it from sliding, even in humid weather.
13. The Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation SPF23 PA++, $92, covers blemishes and redness with ease, and leaves a radiant matte finish that feels weightless on skin.
14. Containing 80 per cent skincare ingredients, the Kosé Infinity Cushion Serum Glow SPF 40 PA+++, $79, helps repair skin’s moisture barrier while creating an even skin tone.
15. Boasting 16-hour wear, the DiorSkin Forever Perfect Cushion Foundation SPF 35 PA+++, $78, keeps skin looking matte and luminous even when the weather is hot and humid.
16. Formulated with hydrating ingredients like blueberry extract, aloe vera leaf extract and mineral-rich water, the Aprilskin Magic Snow Cushion 2.0 Black SPF 50+ PA+++, $37, keeps skin moisturised while covering skin imperfections like acne, redness and pigmentation.
17. The MAKE UP FOR EVER Lumi-Mat Cushion Foundation, $72, hydrates skin by up to 22 per cent while blurring imperfections. The airless delivery system is also hygienic and dispenses the right amount of product to minimise wastage.
PHOTOS: VERONICA TAY / STYLING: ARISSA HA