She won’t take vegetables? Outsmart your little picky eater with this colourful dish.
Choose eggs infused with omega-3 fatty acids for a healthier choice.
MINI RAINBOW EGG ROLL
100g cucumber 100g carrot 50g button mushroom 50g red capsicum 30g green peas 30ml olive oil A pinch of salt 3 eggs 20ml potato starch 50ml low-fat mayonnaise
1) Cut cucumber, carrot, mushroom and capsicum into thin strips.
2) Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add all the vegetables and season with salt. Stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes or less. Set aside.
3) Break eggs into a bowl and add potato starch. Beat with a fork until mixture is just blended. Strain through a fine sieve.
4) Reheat the pan. Pour in egg mixture. Tilt and rotate the pan to spread egg mixture evenly over the bottom. Lower the heat, cover and cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Remove the pan from the heat, tilt and slide egg onto a plate.
6) Spread cooked vegetables on it, and drizzle mayonnaise.
7) Roll it firmly, like a spring roll. Slice and serve.
This recipe is suitable for toddlers from 12 months old.
Wong Boo Hor, executive chef at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, contributed the recipe and nutrition tips.