Prep 25 mins | Cook 40 mins | Serves 10-12
125 g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1¾ cups self-raising flour
1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup milk Chocolate curls, to decorate
250 g dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup cream
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Lightly grease and flour a deep 20-cm bundt pan.
2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in combined sifted flour and cocoa alternately and ending with flour.
3. Pour mixture into pan. Bake 35 to 40 mins, until cooked, when tested. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
4. GANACHE Meanwhile, place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Stir on low until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 30 mins until ganache is of spreadable consistency.
5. Spread ganache over cake. Decorate with chocolate curls.
Leaving this cake to cool in the pan may cause it to stick, so turn it out onto a wire rack straight away. Do not try to ice any cake until completely cold.
PHOTO: ROB SHAW/BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU