Whip up these delicious five-ingredient meals for a fuss-free dinner.
Prep 10 mins / Cook 75 mins / Serves 4
750 g diced lamb shoulder 2 onions, halved, thinly sliced.
½ cup korma curry paste.
400 g can diced tomatoes.
60 g packet baby spinach leaves.
1. In a pan, brown lamb in oil in two batches, about 4 to 5 mins per batch. Set aside.
2. Cook the onions in same pan, 4 to 5 mins, stirring until golden. Add curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 mins, until fragrant.
3. Return the lamb to the pan with juices, stirring to coat in the paste. Mix tomatoes with 1 cup water. Reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer, covered, for 30 mins. Uncover and simmer for a further 25 to 30 mins until the lamb is tender and sauce thickens slightly.
5. Stir in the spinach. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 mins. Season. Serve with steamed rice.
Creamy Chicken & Broccolini Pasta Food Ideas
Prep 15 mins / Cook 15 mins / Serves 4
375 g fettuccine.
2 bunches broccolini, chopped.
125 g halved cherry tomatoes.
½ barbecue chicken, shredded.
300 ml carton cream.
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine following packet instructions.
2. Add the broccolini to the boiling pasta for the final 2 mins of cooking time. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
3. Return the pasta, broccolini, tomatoes and reserved water to saucepan. Add chicken and cream. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Toss to combine and season to taste.
4. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan along with crusty bread and salad of choice.
TIP: If you like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Thai Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
Prep 15 mins / Cook 55 mins / Serves 4
1 kg butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into chunks.
½ cup red curry paste.
2 cups chicken stock.
2 x 400 ml coconut milk.
500 g shelled banana prawns, tails on.
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a roasting pan.
2. Drizzle pumpkin with oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 40 mins.
3. Transfer pumpkin to a large saucepan with curry paste. Cook on medium, stirring for 1 to 2 mins, until fragrant.
4. Add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10 mins.
5. Remove from heat. Process until smooth. Return to heat, add prawns. Cook for 2 to 3 mins, until prawns are cooked.
6. Top with sliced red chillies and shredded green onions.
TIP: You can also use green Thai curry paste if you prefer.
Beef & Bacon Skewers
Prep 15 mins / Cook 15 mins / Serves 4.
350 g beef rump steak, trimmed, cut into 2.5-cm cubes.
8 button mushrooms, halved, or 16 whole if small.
1 zucchini, halved, cut into 2-cm pieces.
2 short-cut bacon, quartered.
200 g tub tzatziki.
1. Thread the beef, mushrooms, zucchini and bacon onto eight pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue plate on medium heat.
3. Drizzle skewers with flavoured olive oil of choice (lemon, herb, chilli or garlic). Chargrill 3 to 4 mins each side for medium or until cooked to taste.
4. Serve the skewers with tzatziki for dipping. Accompany with Greek salad and toasted flatbread if you like.
Easy Beef Stir-Fry
Prep 5 mins / Cook 10 mins / Serves 4
500 g beef stir-fry strips.
½ Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded.
400 g can pineapple pieces, drained (reserve.
¼ cup of the juice or use ½ fresh pineapple, chopped).
¼ cup hoisin sauce.
¼ cup reduced-salt soy sauce.
1. In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high.
2. Stir-fry beef in two batches for 1 to 2 mins each. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Add the cabbage to the wok and stir-fry for 1 min until wilted.
4. Return the pork to wok with pineapple, juice and sauces. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat.
5. Serve on a bed of rice noodles, sprinkled with coriander leaves and sliced chillies.
TIP: A few cashews can make a delicious addition to this dish.
PHOTOS SCOTT HAWKINS/ BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU.