Boost the nutritional profile of your favourite dishes with this versatile and healthy wonder food.
Yogurt is one of the most versatile foods ever. Rich, creamy and thick, it tastes amazing on its own and is just as yummy when eaten with cereal or fresh fruit.
Many also choose it as a healthier alternative to a calorie-laden sandwich spread or salad dressing. Add a pinch or two of herbs or spices to plain yogurt and you have a wholesome dip for chips and veggies as well.
However you use it, yogurt is an easy way to get more protein and calcium into your diet. In fact, a quality product like MARIGOLD Yoghurt, natural or with fruit, is an excellent source of calcium and live probiotic cultures that you need for good digestive health.
Essentially, whether you are preparing a sweet or savoury dish, yogurt can jazz it up and make it more nourishing.
Awarded the Healthier Choice Symbol by the Health Promotion Board, MARIGOLD Yoghurt can be used in place of coconut milk, sour cream, mayonnaise and butter as it adds a similar delicious creaminess.
You can also use it to enrich soups, stews and curries, and to balance spicy foods. It’s great for marinades, too, as the enzymes tenderise meat.
What’s more, MARIGOLD Yoghurt is a wonderful addition to cakes, cookies and mufﬁns. Race you to the kitchen!
SEAFOOD SALAD WITH MARIGOLD YOGHURT
10 tiger prawns
100g romaine lettuce
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 dried apricots, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
250g MARIGOLD Non
Fat Mixed Berries Yoghurt
20g lemon juice
20g white wine vinegar DIRECTIONS
1. Season the scallops and prawns with salt and pepper.
2. Pan-sear for three minutes over high heat or until cooked. Set aside.
3. Add the MARIGOLD Non Fat Mixed Berries Yoghurt, honey, lemon juice and vinegar to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the scallops, prawns, lettuce and cherry tomatoes, and toss well with the dressing.
5. Garnish with the croutons, walnuts and dried apricot slices.