Although metallic hues are uncommon for cheek colours, make shimmery red blush the focal point of your face. Complement the look with a dusty rose lip colour and strong, statement brows. Get the look, see page 37.
Red eye shadow looks have been trending for a while now, but mix it in with this season’s hottest metallic tones and you have a vivid multi-faceted eye look. Get the look, see page 37.
Lest we forget, a great manicure also makes up part of your beauty look. Play up strong lips with ombre red nails that are classy, but never boring. Get the look, see page 37.
Not too adventurous? Pair dusty pink lips with reddish brown tones like terracotta, brick red or warm oranges to complete the look. Get the look, see facing page.
GET THE LOOK
Suit yourself with pretty coral-reds to brighter orangey hues and warmer copper tones… all MIL approved
GET THE LOOK: Red-toned blushes can end up looking clown-ish if you’re too heavy handed. Start off with a light dust on the cheeks and slowly layer on the colour. The end result should ideally not be a uniform patch of red, but varying in intensity, radiating outwards from the cheekbones.
1. NARS Matte Multiple in Siam, $50.
2. Shiseido Minimalist WhippedPowder Blush in Sayoko, $48.
3. Sephora Collection Colorful Blush in 10, $21.
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Frost Lipstick in Just Peachy, $44.
5. Urban Decay Brow Blade in Cafe Kitty, $40.
6. Lancôme Absolue Cushion, $140.
7. Too Faced Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blush in Peach Berry, $42.
GET THE LOOK: Keep the eye look muted with a mauve or brown. Blend a gel or pencil eyeliner upwards from the lash line to define the peepers. The brows should still look polished, so use a brow pencil with a defined tip to shape them. For the nails, overlap both dark and bright red on a small piece of sponge, and then dab it onto your nails to create the gradation. Otherwise, leave it to an expert manicurist.
1. LANEIGE Ideal Shadow Quad in 06 Soft Powder, $42.
2. Dior Rouge Dior Matte in 999, $50.
3. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40+ in Medium, $62.
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Chocolate, $40.
5. Burberry Make-up Eye Colour Cream in Dusky Mauve No.10, $50.
6. Anna Sui Nail Polish N in 400, $24.
7. Anna Sui Nail Polish N in 401, $24.
GET THE LOOK: Metallic tones can get patchy if not applied properly, so don’t forget the eye shadow primer. As foil-finish eye shadows are multi-faceted anyway, you can achieve a stunning eye look with just one shade. Metallic eye shadow also tends to fall out when applied with a brush, so feel free to use your fingers to apply, and then blend with a brush after.
1. HERA Rouge Holic Shine in 341 Amazing Red, $45.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Rouge Pur Couture The Slim in N°01, $54.
3. Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Pigalle, $35.
4. Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer SPF 25 PA+++ in Beige, $105.
5. Tarte Chrome Paint Shadow Pot in Fire Dancer, $32.
6. Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette, $100.
7. NUDESTIX Magnetic Eye Color Pencil in Immortal, $37.
GET THE LOOK: Use a cream-based eye shadow to help the powder adhere to the eye lids. Then, layer on the reddish eye shadow and blend out with a fluffy brush so that it doesn’t look patchy. For the lips, stick to a dusty rose colour with a hydrating formula so it plumps out the lines on the lips. Brows should look well-defined, so tame stray hairs with a brow mascara.
1. Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes in Fuller Fudge, $29.
2. shu uemura Eyebrow Manicure in Ash Brown, $42.
3. Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 752 Rosewood, $40.
4. Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow in Reflect, $48.
5. BECCA Mineral Blush in Lantana, $48.
6. Giorgio Armani Beauty Eye Tint Liquid Eyeshadow in 9, $55.
7. KANEBO Wearing Keep Rouge in 08 Rosy Red, $46.