KRISTEN STEWART’S ROCK STAR CHIC
Even if your hair is as short as K-Stew’s pixie cut, there are still ways to change up your everyday look. This faux-hawk adds volume to hair and a chic touch to your do for the night.
1. Section hair at the crown of your head and secure with small hair ties.
2. Work your way down the middle, securing small sections with hair ties to form a pseudo-Mohawk. Avoid securing the hair tie too near the scalp to give hair volume.
3. Apply hairspray to the ends and tease with a comb.
• Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray, $42 (128 ml).
• Lucido-L Super Hard Hairspray, $9.20 (200 g).
• Percy & Reed Beyond The Beach Texture Spray, $30 (125 ml).
NATALIE PORTMAN’S SLEEK PONYTAIL
Shoulderlength hair like Natalie Portman's gives you plenty of versatility when it comes to creating different hairstyles. Opt for the classic ponytail if you’re strapped for time.
1. To prevent flyaways, smooth hair with a lightweight mousse or hair serum.
2. Part hair at the middle and smooth with a fine comb.
3. Comb through to the hair ends and gather into a low ponytail.
4. Secure with a hair tie and spritz some hair spray to keep frizz at bay.
• John Freida Frizz Ease Original Serum, $19.90 (50 ml).
• IGK Expensive Amla Oil Hi-Shine Topcoat, $45 (120 ml).
• Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shine Serum, $14.90 (97 ml).
SELENA GOMEZ’S EASY UPDO
If you’ve ever attempted an updo on your own, you might experience a hair-valanche by the end of the evening. Fear not, Selena Gomez’s simple red carpet hairstyle is engineered to stay all day.
1. Apply mousse and tie hair into a high ponytail. Secure it tightly.
2. Section the ponytail and do a simple three-strand braid, securing the ends with a small hair tie.
3. Wind the braid around itself, giving it an elongated shape instead of a bun.
4. Tuck the ends into the braid. Secure all-around with bobby pins and give it a spray of medium-hold hairspray.
• L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Fix Max, $28 (200 ml).
• Kevin Murphy Session Spray Flex, $42.80 (400 ml).
• Revlon Professional Style Masters Modular Mousse, $32 (300 ml).