Restore and repair skin as you sleep with these overnight masks.
Not all of us have the time to sit around with a face mask on our skin for 20 minutes, and that’s why overnight masks ara godsend. as little as 10 years ago, we wouldn’t even have dreamed of puttinon a mask and leaving it on while sleeping, but this relatively novel idea is an easy solution for busy women who have little time to care for dehydrated and fatigued skin.
What makes an overnight mask, well, an overnight mask?
Unlike its wash-off siblings, the overnight mashas a comfortable gel texture which doesn’t feheavy on the skin, and leaves a protective layer to simultaneously hydrate while keeping in moisture during your shut-eye. Overnight masks are formulated to treat skin over an extended period of time, encouraging rejuvenation and repair at the optimum time when the body is at its most regenerative – while you sleep.
How are they better than regular masks?
For one, there’s no need to wash them off, making them ideal for those who are often too busy to enjoy skin pampering (or just too lazy to). They’re also perfect for preventing transepidermal water loss, especially for those who sleep in an air-conditioned room. Those with dry skin would benefit from using an overnigh mask to deliver hydrating ingredients over the course of a few hours, as opposed to leaving it on for only 20 minutes.
Apply these to give dry skin a surge of moisture.
• Containing Ophiopogon Japonicus Extract, a humectant that is able to draw and hold water, the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque, $55 (125 ml), creates a hydration reservoir to keep skin moisturised. Glacial proteins and desert plant extracts strengthen the skin barrier to prevent water loss through the skin.
•This clear gel mask might look unassuming, but the Skin Inc Pure Deep Sea Hydrating Mask, $116 (50 ml), contains nutrient-rich deep sea water from Southern Japan that hydrates, clarifies and whitens at the same time.
•Enriched with Edelweiss stem cells, The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, $44.90 (90 ml), contains antioxidants and moisturise skin with its lightweight gel texture.
Beauty sleep takes on a whole new meaning when you wake up with a defined visage.
From top left:
• Formulated to work in sync with skin’s rejuvenation cycle at night, the Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask, $144 (100 ml), fights against free radical damage and improves skin firmness.
• Harnessing the skin’s natural repair mode, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Overnight Firming Mask, $125 (50 ml), infuses skin with a unique blend of ingredients targeted at boosting collagen production and locking in moisture.
• Enveloping skin like an invisible corset, the LANEIGE Time Freeze Firming Sleeping Mask, $53 (60 ml), simultaneously lifts, firms, tightens and hydrates skin for youthful and defined jawline.
Smear on for additional TLC while you sleep.
• Those with stressed and problematic skin can heave a sigh of relief with the Allies of Skin 1A Overnight Mask, $129 (50 ml). Containing a stabilised form of retinol, this cream mask alleviates acne scars, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
• The Lancôme Energie De vie Nuit The Overnight Recovery Sleeping Mask, $95 (75 ml), reinforces skin barrier, boosts moisture levels and relieves fatigue, so skin appears plump and reenergised when you wake up.
• Wake up to clear, translucent skin with the L’Occitane Reine Blanche Whitening Sleeping Mask, $114 (100 ml). meadowsweet, white mulberry extracts and vitamin C work together to lighten dark spots, hydrate and boost skin immunity.
PHOTO JOEL LIM/CALIBRE PICTURES / STYLING MARTIN WONG / MAKEUP ELAIN LIM / HAIR JUNZ LOKE/PASSION HAIR SALON / LOCATION HOTEL INDIGO SINGAPORE.