Wake up pretty with these nourishing sleeping masks
The future is bright with the Allies of Skin Bright Future Overnight Facial, $169 (50 ml). This chemical peel lifts away dull surface skin as it hydrates, and is gentle enough to be used consecutively over three days for brighter and more radiant skin.
Containing a blend of hydrating botanical ingredients, the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, $59 (100 ml), quenches and strengthens parched skin overnight.
Formulated with traditional oriental herbs like scutellaria root, walnut extract and angelica acutiloba, the Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask EX, $68 (120 ml), nourishes skin while you sleep so you can wake up with supple skin.
If sleeping in an air-conditioned room leaves your skin looking dry and flaky, turn to the Pixi Nourishing Sleep Mask, $23 (45 ml), for a hydrating veil while you sleep. Absorbed quickly without leaving any sticky feeling, this mask is also rich in botanical oils that leave skin smooth and plump.
Containing the highest concentration of camellia flower extract, the Chanel Hydra Beauty Hydrating Oxygenating Overnight Mask, $128 (100 ml), maintains skin’s optimal moisture levels and recharges it with vitamins while you sleep.
The Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, $59 (100 ml), deeply hydrates while you snooze and is also oil- and fragrancefree, making it the ideal overnight mask for dry, sensitive skin.
Rise & Shine
Strengthen and hydrate skin while you sleep, and wake up to gorgeous skin
● When you think of overnight masks, LANEIGE’s Water Sleeping Mask, $42 (70 ml), often comes to mind. One of the brand’s star products, the classic mask’s latest iteration features unique technologies to keep skin hydrated and protected against pollution and everyday stressors.
● Don’t be fooled by the lightweight gel texture of the Dior Hydra Life Jelly Sleeping Mask, $132 (50 ml) – it promises up to eight hours of continuous hydration which, to be honest, is way more than the amount of sleep some of us get these days.
● Made with calming calendula, the gel texture of the Mamonde Calming Hydro Sleeping Mask Calendula, $28 (100 ml), doesn’t feel heavy on skin and is quickly absorbed to soothe redness and dryness while you sleep.
● With the soothing scent of rose within the CANVAS Beauty Rose Otto Overnight Intense Moisture Mask, $112.90 (50 ml), it’s easy to be lulled into deep sleep. Key botanical ingredients effectively brighten, soothe and hydrate skin.
● Fortified with yuzu seed extract, the Shiseido WASO Beauty Sleeping Mask, $60 (80 ml), promotes the production of hyaluronic acid to keep skin looking plump and hydrated. Carrot stem cells and vitamin-rich botanical extracts strengthen skin and promote healthy radiance.
● The CNP Laboratory Aqua Soothing-Gel Cream, $48.90 (80 ml), is a multi-purpose gel that can be used as a moisturiser or overnight mask. Apply a generous layer before you sleep to soothe dryness and redness, especially if you’ve been out in the sun.
● Containing a potent cocktail of antioxidants and ingredients to improve skin resilience and hydration levels, the Kew Organics Ultra-Revive H2O+ Masque, $80.40 (50 ml), leaves skin feeling soft and looking radiant in the morning.
● Formulated to deeply hydrate skin, the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Overnight Firming Mask, $125 (50 ml), keeps skin moisturised even after you wake. Ingredients like amino acids, minerals and alfafa extract support skin’s reparative rhythm while you sleep.
● Tapping on skin’s regenerative powers at night, the Kiehl’s Ginger Leaf & Hibiscus Firming Mask, $88 (100 ml), hydrates and firms skin while you sleep. The velvety balm texture absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave skin feeling sticky or uncomfortable while you sleep.
● Ideal for dry skin, the Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask, $149 (50 ml), delivers hydration and seals it for bouncy, plump skin. Made with a base of 94 per cent rose water, this mask also promotes healing and soothes redness.
● Working in tandem with skin’s restorative process while you sleep, the Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask, $144 (100 ml), comprises the brand’s proprietary complex made of black tea extract, black tea ferment, blackberry tea extract and lychee seed extract to fight free radical damage and improve skin resilience.
● Lightweight and refreshing, the L’Occitane Reine Blanche Whitening Sleeping Mask, $114 (100 ml), is formulated to diminish dark spots and pigmentation while you sleep. With continuous use, skin appears brighter and more hydrated.
● Containing extracts from the rare and delicate white lotus flower, which only blooms at dusk, the Kenzoki Belle de Jour Dream Night Mask, $136 (75 ml), neutralises free radical damage while you sleep. The lightweight sorbet texture applies easily, leaving skin feeling hydrated and plump.
● Help your skin bounce back to life with The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, $49.90 (90 ml). The lightweight gel mask contains Eldelweiss plant stem cells, which thrives in harsh conditions, to help skin stay resilient against external aggressors during the day.
TEXT AND STYLING: ARISSA HA / PHOTOS: ANGELA GUO