You don’t have to do a lot to make your meals more nutritious and better for your overall health. Just add MARIGOLD Yoghurt to your daily diet.
You may have eaten it straight from the container, dolloped it over a bowl of fresh fruit, added it to your overnight oats, or even gone as far as to use it as a dip. Yogurt is an easy and tasty way to add essential nutrients like protein and calcium to your meals.
MARIGOLD Yoghurt contains calcium, real fruits (except the Natural variant) and live probiotic cultures said to promote a healthier digestive system. Awarded the Healthier Choice Symbol by the Health Promotion Board, MARIGOLD Yoghurt can be used as a healthier alternative to coconut milk, sour cream and butter without compromising on taste or texture.
It’s an incredibly versatile food. Use it to jazz up boring spreads, enrich soups, stews and curries, and balance spicy foods. The enzymes in yogurt even help to tenderise fish and meat, making it an ideal ingredient for marinades. If you enjoy baking, you can also use yogurt in the making of cakes, cookies and muffins. Whether you prefer sweet or savoury foods, yogurt should be a staple ingredient in your refrigerator.
Chef Eric Teo, culinary director of ET Culinary Arts
MARIGOLD has teamed up with celebrity chef Eric Teo, culinary director of ET Culinary Arts, for MARIGOLD Yoghurt Adventures, which creates healthy and delicious recipes using MARIGOLD Yoghurt that you can easily whip up at home.
HEALTHY FISH HEAD CURRY WITH MARIGOLD YOGHURT
For the curry stock: 50g chilli paste 30g coriander 50g corn oil 10g curry leaves 400g fish curry paste 120g fish curry powder 40g garlic 30g lemongrass 50g red onions 20g turmeric powder 1 litre water 50g eggplant, cut into chunks 4 ladies’ fingers 8 pieces tau pok 500g MARIGOLD Non Fat Natural Yoghurt (No Sugar Added) 300g tamarind juice, optional.
For the fish head: One large fresh fi sh head, halved Salt to season and taste 50g ginger, sliced 2 stalks of spring onions.
1. To make the curry stock, set a sauce pot over medium heat. Stir-fry the chilli paste, coriander, corn oil, curry leaves, curry paste, curry powder, garlic, lemongrass, red onions and turmeric powder until fragrant, about 5min.
2. Add water, bring it to the boil and let it simmer for 20min.
3. Add the eggplant, ladies fingers and tau pok to the curry stock, season with salt, and cook for 5min.
4. Add MARIGOLD Non Fat Natural Yoghurt (No Sugar Added) and turn off the heat. If you like tamarind juice, you can stir it in now.
5. Season the fish head with salt and place on a plate with ginger slices and spring onions. Steam the fish head for 12-15min.
6. When the fish head is cooked, transfer it to a deep glass plate and pour the fish curry over it. Serve hot.
MARIGOLD Yoghurt is available at major supermarkets, convenience stores, minimarts and provision stores. Visit www.marigold.com.sg for more information.