The barely-there makeup look that’s favoured by Korean pop stars hasn’t gone anywhere. If you still haven’t mastered it by now, here are some tools you’ll need to start glowing like you were born with it. Focal points: Dewy skin (hint: a cushion foundation gets you a natural glow without feeling too heavy), filled-in brows and girlishly long lashes (get one that washes out with warm water to avoid taking a toll on your lashes). Add just a hint of colour with youthful-looking pinks or corals on the cheeks and lips.
1. Dejavu Fiberwig Ultra Long Mascara in Pure Black, $25.
2. Maybelline Master Flush Creator in Powder Beige, $19.90.
3. LB 3-in-1 Eyebrow in Natural Brown, $19.90.
4. Skinfood Tomato Tint Lipstick (N) in #1, $11.50.
5. Silkygirl Magic BB Cushion in Natural Light, $22.90.
TIP: Thicker brows and lush lashes make you look younger, so go bold on these two! But opt for brown shades on your brows – they’ll look less harsh.
Associate editor, Shape
Tone-on-tone contours are all the rage now – get a palefie so it’s already matched for you. Set a flawless base with a blendable liquid foundation, then sculpt in lots of eye definition with a good contouring shade. Top it off with a flirty flick of classic winged liner that won’t rub off during the night, and bold red lips in an on-trend mafie finish. We recommend a lip cream that won’t dry out your pout.
1. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24h Stay Fresh Foundation in 140 Golden Beige, $32.90.
2. Dejavu Lasting-fine a Felt Eye Liner Glossy Black, $25.
3. Catrice The Nude Blossom Collection Eyeshadow Palette 010, $9.90.
4. Silkygirl Matte Junkie Lip Cream in 08 Artsy, $11.90.
TIP: To help your matte lipstick last longer, lightly pat some powder on your lips before you apply the product.
Editor, Her World Online