After younger-looking, more even skin? Consider adding exfoliating Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) to your regime.
1. Fresh’s Vitamin Nectar Antioxidant Glow Water doubles as primer and refreshes on the go. A spritz protects skin from environmental aggressors and re-energises with a blend of vitamins C, E, B5, mineral complex and naturally occurring AHAs from lemon and fruit extracts. www.fresh.com
2. Made with gentle yet effective AHA acids from seven fruits, Tatcha’s Violet-C Radiance Mask encourages speedy skin turnover and cell production. Two types of quick-acting Vitamin C reveal an instant glow and continue to brighten over time, protecting cells from oxidation while reducing UV damage. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, two or three times a week. www.tatcha.com
3. Made without parabens, phthalates, sulphates, gluten or fragrance, Laurmé’s Brilliance Cream sloughs off dead skin for a soft, supple complexion with its silky AHA formula. The additon of bilberry brightens and evens skin tone, while organic neem seed oil nourishes, and organic aloe, coconut oil and shea butter softens. www.laurmeskincare.com
4. Made with quality botanical ingredients, the 100 per cent natural and non-toxic Clarifying Mask by Tata Harper targets blemishes with AHA superfruits and exfoliates using quartz microcrystals. Soothing seeds counteract redness, as raw honey hydrates and promotes clear skin. Apply a thick layer to the face and neck and leave for 20 minutes before massaging with warm water to exfoliate. No time? The mask does double duty as an instant facial scrub. www.tataharper.com
5. Australian brand Mayella makes organic, sustainable, eco-friendly and fairly-traded products. Their AHA Exfoliating Serum, which promotes natural collagen production, is vegan-friendly and does not use palm oil, GMOs or test on animals. Pure wild lime exfoliates and removes dead skin while vitamin-rich cold-pressed rosehip nourishes and hydrates. www.mayellaorganic.com
6. Harnessing the power of organic Australian native botanicals, plant-based Saya’s AHA Face Exfoliant refines and smoothes the skin with finely milled jojoba beads. AHA here is derived from sugar cane, apple, orange, lemon and camellia to promote younger-looking skin and increase cell renewal and fades pigmentation caused by hormones and the sun. www.sayaskin.com