In celebration of International Women’s Day, we see how these ladies are owning the mannish suit: All black, all tailored and all-powerful!
Supermodel Lais Ribeiro is beautifully poised in her Cushnie Et Ochs two-piece.
Her tailored Stella McCartney suit proves why The Crown star Claire Foy truly is a queen.
Singer P!nk channels her inner mob boss in a pinstriped three-piece suit.
TV actress Evan Rachel Wood looks polished in her Bottega Veneta suit.
South Korean actress Jun Ji-Hyun poses in a doublebreasted suit from Rouge and Lounge.
Female-driven blockbusters are set to dominate the big screen in 2018, so consider this your cheat sheet for the upcoming women-led charge. The all-female ensemble cast of Ocean’s 8 is definitely getting us excited: It’s set at the Met Gala, so expect lots of glittering baubles and belles. Reese Witherspoon will return for season two of HBO’s Big Little Lies, and also make an appearance alongside Oprah Winfrey in the highly-anticipated sci-fi fantasy A Wrinkle In Time. Meanwhile, Emily Blunt will dust off an old Disney classic when she stars in Mary Poppins Returns later this year.
A Wrinkle in Time
Big Little Lies
Mary Poppins Returns.
While there are plenty of designers vying to dress the next big movie star, only a handful of names have struck awards season gold. We look at the fashion luminaries who’ve dressed award-winning actresses over the years
Known for: With an emphasis on texture, the Parisian brand never shies away from unconventional glamour. The muse: Established actresses who aren’t afraid to take a fashion risk.
SAG Awards, 2014
SAG Awards, 2015
Best Actress (TV)
While Prada may show up less often during awards season, the Italian fashion brand has a knack for choosing who they dress selectively, as evidenced by the fact that they dressed Oscar-winners for two consecutive years.
Best Supporting Actress
Academy Awards, 2013
Known for: Structured gowns that reflect the brand’s penchant for a nipped-in waist. The muse: Often seen on women who embody Dior’s ideal of elegance and grace.
Known for: Feminine, timeless gowns that flatter the figure. The muse: Stars who love the brand of high glamour Valentino is known for.
Jean Hersholt Humanitarian
Award, Academy Awards, 1993
Daniel Wu Uncovered
1. He’s in the Tomb Raider reboot: Here’s one way the movie will be different when it comes out on March 9: Daniel stars opposite Alicia Vikander in a role that isn’t stereotypical of Asian men.
2. He’s an ABC: That’s American-born Chinese, for those of you not in the know. The 43-year-old calls Berkeley, California, home but made it big as an action superstar in Hong Kong.
3. He’s taken (sorry, ladies!): The actor has been married since 2010 to the equally stunning Lisa Selesner, who is a model, actress and former Channel V veejay.
4. He wanted to be an architect: Acting wasn’t at the top of the list for Daniel. He studied architecture for five years and graduated in the top 10 per cent of his class before becoming a thespian.
5. He hates plain water: Daniel absolutely detests H2O. Instead, his preferred beverage of choice is a refreshing glass of iced lemon tea.
Glam squads be gone! These stars aren’t afraid to go au naturel, but they too have help in achieving complexion perfection
Bare-faced and beautiful, this former Miss USA always tries to let her skin breathe between all the glamorous fashion shows, awards soirees and public events she has to attend.
She uses: Skin Inc Oxy Recharge Bubble Mask, $76.
It doesn’t take much to make You-Jung look stunning, but she looks amazing with absolutely nothing on her face too. What a fresh-faced babe!
She uses: LANEIGE Two Tone Correcting Bar in 04 Mint Lemon, $38.
Song Hye Kyo
The Korean actress is the epitome of natural beauty. Her clear, glowing skin has even made her the new muse of skincare brand Sulwhasoo.
She uses: Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion EX, $80.
The Final Tally
Getting a ticket to the Oscars is the easy part – it’s the preparation that’s the real hard work
Manicure & Pedicure: $1,000
Eyelash Extensions: $500
Spray Tan: $250
COMPILED BY: AARON KOK & NATALYA MOLOK / PHOTOS: EVERETT/TPG NEWS/123RF.COM/INSTAGRAM: @OLIVIACULPO, @KYO1122, @YOU_R_LOVE, @SCOTT_MORRIS, @CAMILLESBUBBLE/STATISTICS: E!NEWS