Just like your shoes, leggings and bra, your choice of underwear affects the quality and comfort of your workout. Our Shape Fit Girls (SFG) point out their favourites.
Strength Training: Sloggi Move Sports Briefs
($24.90, major department stores)
Power through your workout with this soft mesh fabric that delivers breathability and comfort. Its stretchiness and anti-odour technology makes sure you feel fresh during and after your workout.
● 2018 SFG ﬁnalist Sri Ranjini Mei Hua says, “I love the classics and boyshorts because they are comfortable and don’t ride up when I’m wearing shorts!”
Rock Climbing: Marks & Spencer Brazilian Cut Undies
($19.90, Marks & Spencer)
These sleek, lightweight undies are smooth and undetectable. Nobody will be able to see your lumps and bumps as you scale the wall.
● 2018 SFG ﬁnalist Tiffany Soithongsuk says, “It reduces VPL while providing coverage and comfort. I have a very curvy bum, so other styles cut into my skin and don’t sit well.”
Boxing: Under Armour Women’s UA Speedpocket 2-in-1 Short
($69, Under Armour)
These two-in-one shorts are great for kicking and jumping in – they come with compression shorts on the inside and a loose-ﬁt outer layer. Plus, the fabric wicks away sweat and keeps odour at bay.
● 2017 SFG ﬁnalist Gillian Goh says, “It’s super secure and sometimes, I use it as an underwear beneath my tights when my martial arts training gets vigorous.”
Running: Uniqlo Women Airism Ultra Seamless Shorts (Bikini)
The Airism fabric releases heat and moisture to keep you feeling fresh during runs. Designed to lay ﬂat and stay invisible, this Nylon-Spandex pair isn’t going anywhere even if you sprint at full speed.
● 2017 SFG ﬁnalist Betsy Chen says, “That’s the only underwear I wear with tights or shorts because it doesn’t show an obvious seamline and it’s very comfy!”
Vinyasa Yoga: Uniqlo Women Airism Ultra Seamless Shorts (High Rise Brief)
The smooth fabric keeps you feeling light and secure as you stretch and ﬂow through your poses.
● 2017 SFG ﬁnalist Shermaine Tan says, “I feel supported and comfortable with no digging at all.”
HIIT: Victoria’s Secret Seamless Bikini
($18.90, Victoria’s Secret)
Super soft and seamless, these panties wrap around perfectly without cutting into your skin when you squat and lunge. Its low rise makes sure that nothing peeks out when you jump around and bend forward.
● 2017 SFG winner Victoria Pang says, “It is lightweight and breathable so it doesn’t feel uncomfortable even when I sweat or move vigorously.”
Dance: Under Armour Women’s UA Pure Stretch Thong
($15, Under Armour)
Its laser cut edges makes it totally seamless and its stretchable, anti-odour fabric is suitable for stretching, jumping and twirling around in.
● 2018 SFG ﬁnalist Sara May Garcia Perez says, “These don’t show VPL and make me feel like I’m wearing nothing.”
TEXT PEH YI WEN & CARISSA WONG PHOTOS MARKS & SPENCER, SLOGGI, UNDER ARMOUR, UNIQLO, VICTORIA’S SECRET