Create healthy, tantalising dishes at home with the help of Ayam Brand™’s Coconut Milk.
Thai Fish Cake, Super Greens and Herb Salad
20 g spring onion
40 g red radish
5 pc mint leaf
5 pc Thai basil
50 ml Thai chilli sauce
150 g white cabbage
75 g carrots
120 g haricot verts
150 g romaine
50 ml lime dressing
THAI FISH CAKE
50 ml Ayam Brand™ Coconut Milk
½ tbsp Ayam Brand™ Red Curry Paste
5 pc kaffir lime leaf
500 g dory, cut into small pieces 1 egg
½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
5 g galangal
3 stalks spring onion
5 g coriander
1. Slice all the salad ingredients.
2. In a whisking bowl, add all ingredients in and drizzle with Thai chilli sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
3. Combine kaffir lime leaf, red chilli and galangal into a blender and blitz.
4. In a separate blender, place in small pieces of dory and blitz until it becomes a smooth paste.
5. Add kaffir lime mixture and fish paste into a big whisking bowl. Add in sliced coriander, coconut milk, red curry paste, egg, Thai fish sauce and spring onion. Mix well.
6. Lay 1 tray with parchment paper and mold each fish cake into 70 g each. Place in fridge to chill until set.
7. Pan-fry the fish cakes in a large pan till golden brown.
8. Serve with salad on the side.
TIP: You might need to add the coconut milk in step 3 to facilitate blitzing if you are using a blender instead of a food processor.
Cook Healthy, Eat Healthy
When it comes to cooking for your family, you will no doubt want to whip up flavourful and delicious dishes. But on top of how they taste, you also want to make sure that what you cook with is going to be nutritious and beneficial for health, especially when it comes to the ingredients you use.
It is a common belief that coconut milk is unhealthy due to its high saturated fat levels, but recent studies have shown that its nutrients outweigh the bad stuff, and that coconut milk is reportedly good for the body’s immune system and heart health, in healthy amounts.
With a delectable flavour and consistency that is ideal for curries and desserts, Ayam Brand™ Coconut Milk is also made using a careful selection of ingredients, and most importantly it does not contain carrageenan. A commonly-used food additive, carrageenans can be harmful for digestive health and can lead to inflammatory bowel diseases.
With Ayam Brand™ Coconut Milk, you can serve up flavoursome dishes with the confidence that they are good for everyone in the family too – so how about starting with the yummy recipe here?
Buy 3 packs of Ayam Brand™ Coconut Milk (200 ml) for $2 (UP $0.90 per pack).
For a limited time only, visit your nearest supermarket.