We know how timechallenged you are. So we show you how to get these stunning looks with only five (really!) makeup products.
"Mary Katrantzou coat from THE OUTNET; and earrings from Atelier Swarovski."
INTO THE BLUE
With a single peacock blue eye shadow on the lids, makeup artist Larry Yeo created an eye look that is on-trend and easy to recreate. Blending out the highly-pigmented shade with a fluffy eye shadow brush creates a gradation of tones that adds dimension to the eyes, without the use of multiple eye shadow shades. The dual-ended Shiseido Brow InkTrio is a brow pencil with a built-in brow powder applicator, which Larry cleverly used to define the lower lash line. For the full five, see page 32.
"Sweater from Bimba Y Lola; and necklace from Pandora."
YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER
To create a flawless, natural finish, the highlypigmented Cover FX Custom Cover Drops was mixed in with moisturiser and used as foundation and concealer. The Chanel Stylo Ombre et Contour’s multi-purpose formula can be used as a liner, eye shadow or khol, and in this case, as a brow filler too. To tame unruly brows, the Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Mascara Vinyl Couture was brushed on and also applied on the lashes to maintain their curl. For the full five, see page 32.
"Sweater from Sandro; earrings and rings, all from Pandora; and bracelet from Atelier Swarovski."
POWER OF RED
Used on both lips and cheeks, the ultra-blendable Burberry Beauty Lip Velvet Crush Sheer-Matte Stain in Military Red works beautifully on the cheeks as well. The creamy formula of the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes in Fuller Fudge is a versatile brown that was applied on the eye lids and brows to frame and define facial features. For the full five, see page 32.
GET THE LOOK
As promised, makeup artist Larry Yeo only used five products to recreate the gorgeous looks. Here’s how you can, too
INTO THE BLUE
The metallic sheen on both the eyes and lips lends shine and ties the look together without vying for attention
Blend out metallic eye shadow to create tones.
1. HERA Flash Blusher in 03 Coral on Beach, $55.
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Eye Shadow in ME230, $4 for case, $24 for eye shadow.
3. Shiseido Brow InkTrio in 03 Deep Brown, $45.
4. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Metal in 62 Gold Copper, $19.
5. Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, $44.
YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER
The barely-there look focuses on creating the appearance of flawless skin and giving definition to the eyes and brows
Use full coverage foundation as concealers.
1. Sugao Lip Tint in Sweet Pink, $14.90.
2. Stila Convertible Color Two-in-One Lipstick and Blush in Gebera, $36.
3. Chanel Stylo Ombre et Contour in 12 Contour Clair, $54.
4. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops, $68 (15 ml).
5. Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Mascara Vinyl Couture 00 – Smudgeproof Top Coat, $55.
Scarlet lips are the highlight of this look, with muted brown tones to add dimension to the eyes
Cream eye shadow works equally well on brows too.
1. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, $32.
2. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, $56 (30 ml).
3. Dior Diorshow Pump ‘N’ Volume Mascara in 090 Black Pump, $54.
4. Burberry Beauty Lip Velvet Crush Sheer-Matte Stain in 65 Military Red, $47.
5. Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes in Fuller Fudge, $29.
PHOTOS: ANGELA GUO / STYLING: AARON KOK / MAKEUP: LARRY YEO / HAIR: LIM HONG LING USING HANZ DE FUKO / MODEL: FIONA FUSSI, BASIC MODELS