From eating cake to buying pink makeup brushes!
GET MEASURED UP
Where: Wacoal outlets (www.wacoal.com.sg)
For every bra-fitting done at a Wacoal store in October, 50 cents will be donated to the Breast Cancer Foundation (BCF), and you get a pink ribbon car decal. Put a minimum of $2 in the BCF donation box at any Wacoal outlet to get a $6 cash voucher and a pink ribbon pin.
E-tailer Zalora will launch a curated pink collection on its site for users to shop. Look out also for social-media contests where you could win a pair of tickets to the BCF’s Pink Ribbon Walk by sharing your pink outfit of the day!
TALK A WALK
What: Pink Ribbon Walk 2016 by the Breast Cancer Foundation, or BCF (www.pinkribbonsingapore.com)
An annual event by BCF, this year’s 4km Fun Walk and carnival will flag off on Saturday, Oct 1, at Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade. Prices from $25 a person.
CHECK OUT A FASHION SHOW
What: The Pink Ribbon Fashion Show and Carnival Fun by the National Cancer Centre Singapore (www.nccs.com.sg)
Love fashion for a good cause? Head down to The Cathay on Oct 15 to check out a free fashion show put together by breast cancer survivors in conjunction with Singapore Fashion Runway.
Where: Shangri- La Hotel, Singapore (www.shangri-la.com/singapore)
Now here’s a sweet deal: A special heartshaped Strawberry Yuzu Thought Cake ($38) – so called because it is “made from the heart” – will be available for sale at the Shangri- La Hotel lobby from Oct 1-31. From the sales of these cakes, 10 per cent will be donated to the BCF. The hotel’s Rose Veranda and Lobby Court will also off er pink-themed high-tea and afternoon-tea sets in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
BUY MAKEUP BRUSHES
Where: 13rushes (www.13rushes.com)
Local cosmetic brush brand, 13rushes, is launching a limitededition pink 10-piece brush set ($119); 15 per cent of the proceeds will go to the BCF. Check out its Youtube channel this month too, which will include a boobcontouring tutorial with a breast cancer prevention message!
GET PRETTY BALLERINA FLATS
Where: Pazzion (www.pazzion.com)
Grab limited-edition ballerina flats ($79) with pink crystal embellishments at all Pazzion outlets and its e-store. For every pair sold, 30 per cent of the proceeds will be donated to the BCF. You’ll also get a BCF pin and a thankyou card.
SAMPLE PINK TREATS
Where: Goodwood Park Hotel (www.goodwoodparkhotel.com)
The hotel’s L’Espresso cafe will be adding pink-themed desserts (above) to its English Afternoon Tea buff et spread (from $45 an adult) – think pink vanilla eclairs and strawberry chocolate pralines. Every guest will also receive a BCF pink ribbon worth $2. A donation box will be placed beside The Deli in the hotel, and all proceeds will go to the BCF.
BUY A BEAUTY PRODUCT
What: The Estee Lauder Companies’ Pink Ribbon Products
Brands under the Estee Lauder Companies – including Clinique, Estee Lauder and Origins – will be supporting the BCF through the sale of limited-edition versions of their signature products. Buy these and make a difference!
1. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, $59. This leaves skin refreshed and hydrated.
2. La Mer The Lip Balm, $105. Contains the brand’s Miracle Broth to maintain kissable lips.
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II, $163. This comes with a limitededition pink ribbon pin.
4. Lab Series Age Rescue+ Face Lotion, $82. Get this for Hubby – it has ginger and other ingredients to help reduce the look of wrinkles and fatigue.
5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, $85. This star product now comes with a special keychain with four pink ribbon charms.
6. Bobbi Brown Art Stick Duo, $72. Use this as a lipstick or lip liner.
7. Estee Lauder Pink Perfection Colour collection, $86. This makeup palette comprises four eyeshadows, one blusher and one full-sized lipstick.