Add a sophisticated sparkle to your eyes with these on-trend looks.
Bling up your eye makeup with a hint of sparkle. Apply black liquid eyeliner on the upper and lower lash lines; connect the lines at the outer corners of the eyes. Then, lightly apply Vaseline or a glitter primer on the outer corners of your eyes before dabbing on loose glitter. Wait a few minutes for it to dry and set. Sweater & necklaces, Bimba Y Lola.
The quickest way to add a bit of drama to your eyes: apply a glitter primer (a light cream that helps the shiny particles stay in place), then lightly dust on loose gold glitter or eyeshadow, concentrating on the centre of the eyelids. Any hue works, but gold is our go-to for a super-glam look. Dress, Bimba Y Lola.
The classic cat eye gets a touch of bling with this foolproof look. Apply black eyeliner on the upper lash lines, wait for it to dry, then apply a glittery silver liner above the black – but only on the centre of the lash lines – and on the lower lash lines. To prevent smudging, makeup artist Melissa Yeo recommends choosing waterproof gel-based liners. Pullover, Christian Dior.
GET THE LOOK:
Are you feeling glitzy? These products will help you nail the look pronto.
1. Kate Tokyo Forming Edge Eyes in GD-1 Glamourous Shiny Gold, $23.50.
2. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Space Cowboy, $32.
3. NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in Liquid Gold, $10.
4. M.A.C Pigment in Mega-rich, $42.
5. NYX Face & Body Glitter in Gold, $10.
6. M.A.C Technakohl Liner in Sterling Silver, $31.
7. NYX Face & Body Glitter in Silver, $10.
8. NYX Glitter Primer, $10.
9. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Glam Rock, $30.