CHEF’S TIP Pick firm cucumbers with few seeds, either the small ones or young ones are good.
ENGLISH CUCUMBER SANDWICH
One ReadyMix KetoBun loaf (12 – 16 slices) from Seriously Keto
● Cucumbers, sliced thinly to your preference (see Chef's Tip)
Lemony-Dill Spread: 220 g softened cream cheese
● 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped dill, extra to garnish
● 2 fresh lemon juice
● 1 tsp grated lemon zest
● ¼ tsp salt
● A pinch of pepper
1. LEMONY-DILL SPREAD Whisk the cream cheese until there are no lumps. Add in the dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
2. Chill the spread mixture for at least 2 hours (or overnight) in an airtight container to allow the flavours to meld.
3. Thaw the spread for about 30 mins before using it. It is easier to assemble the sandwich when the mixture has softened.
4. Spread a thin layer of the lemony-dill spread on each slice of bread, and arrange the cucumber slices decoratively on top.
5. Trim the crusts.
6. Cut the sandwiches to your preferred shape and size.
7. Garnish with spare dill. 8. Putting together this treat can be quite fun. You can serve it normally, open faced, or stacked like above!
This recipe is brought to you by Janti Joso Brasali, founder of Seriously Keto
Dedicated To Keto
Currently based in Singapore, Indonesian-born Janti Joso Brasali is a passionate baker who started her culinary journey at the age of 14. Janti has been running F&B businesses and restaurants in Indonesia before she embarked on Garam Lada, the keto business she established in Jakarta in 2018. This led her to start Seriously Keto in 2019, one of Singapore’s pioneer keto-friendly bakeries that offer baked goods for the health-conscious, and for those on ketogenic, paleo and gluten-free diets. Now a mum to three children, Janti is an active advocate of the keto lifestyle and diet. Visit seriouslyketo.com for more information.
The Weekly’s New Find
Castella cake brand Ah Mah Homemade Cake has collaborated with homegrown bakery OLLELLA for a special concept of handmade kuehs featuring D24 Durian Dadar, Kueh Bugis, Kueh Salat and Kueh Wajik. Available at #B2-K7 VivoCity and #B1-K4 Tiong Bahru Plaza.
Here’s a fast shortcut to instantly add flavour to your food – Young Living, known for their range of exquisite essential oils, has released Plus Dietary Essential Oils, FDA-approved and vegan-friendly cooking enhancers in five flavours. From $13.81. Visit www.youngliving.com.sg for more information.
GO FOR GRANOLA
Our favourite childhood drink is now available as a nutritious cereal packed with 47 per cent whole grain rolled oats and wheat bunches. The power-packed MILO Protein Granola is perfect for a protein-loaded breakfast or as a fast, healthy snack between meals. At $6.25 (300 g), from all major supermarkets and hypermarts.
RECIPE & PHOTO: SERIOUSLY KETO / COMPILED BY: SEAN TAN