Gear for petrolheads who love gadgets.
1. Your favourite motorsport programmes may just come to life through the Samsung Q9F. This 65-inch QLED television features 4K resolution and is claimed to accurately reproduce colours regardless of brightness level, while the slim bezel design helps ensure a seamless look when the appliance is wall-mounted. $8999
2. Budding photographers thinking about their first DSLR camera could check out the Canon EOS 800D. Despite being an entry-level model, this shooter boasts a 24.2-megapixel APS-C image sensor, an ultra-quick 0.03sec autofocus capability and a variable-angle touchscreen. It even has Bluetooth connectivity so you can send images to your smartphone. $1049 (body only)
3. Audiophiles searching for a classy-looking wireless speaker could consider the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M5. Equipped with three tweeters, a midrange driver and a subwoofer, it supposedly delivers balanced sound no matter where the listener is situated in a room. The woven wool cover enhances acoustics, too. $899
4. Frequent fliers can enjoy high-resolution music on the go with the Sony MDR-1000X. Unlike most noise-cancelling headphones, this pair actually analyses the shape of the wearer’s head in order to optimise the noise-cancelling function. There’s also a Quick Attention feature that lets in ambient sound when the user covers the right ear cup with his hand. $599
5. Designed to survive the impact of being dropped from three metres or thrown from a vehicle moving at 105km/h, the Element Rev case should be able to withstand the rigours of regular use with ease. Fits iPhone 7/7 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ devices. $55