Follow these five steps to style a luxuriously comfy bed you’ll never want to leave.
1. An upholstered bedhead is a must-have. Light grey offers a cool contrast to warm tones, and helps balance out the room while picking up on touches of grey in the artwork.
2. Start with four regular pillows, with two on each side of the bed, resting against the bedhead. Put the plumpest one at the front.
3. Add decorative cushions. Layer them in a pyramid so there are more at the back, arrange the smallest cushions so they sit at the front.
4. Pull your quilt off the end of the bed. Lay a folded comforter and throw two-thirds up the bed. Fold down the top of the quilt about 20-cm, to rest on top of the layers. This layering gives the bed extra volume, so it looks cosier.
5. A mix of fabrics such as linen, velvet, tassels and cotton is key to creating texture and interest.
Use artwork as a jumping-off point for your colour scheme!
Sea Tangle cushion, $99, from Maissone.
Rose botanical art print, $95, from Plain Vanilla.
VAGMALLA throw, $39, from IKEA.
3 of the Best Pendant Lamps
LIGHT UP YOUR HOME IN THE BEST WAY WITH THESE TRENDY DROP-DOWN FIXTURES
Cage metal lamp holder, $69.90, from Born In Colour
Ball multi-pendant, $1,281, from Danish Design.
MENU cast pendant, $150, from Bibliotek.
Swedish furniture giant IKEA has teamed up with renowned British designer Tom Dixon to create the revolutionary DELAKTIG series, featuring customisable pieces such as a two-seater platform, backrests, armrests and side table, all at wallet-friendly prices. This means you can easily customise a seating solution that best suits your space and needs, from a typical sofa to chaise longue. Neat! DELAKTIG is available at IKEA from April 1.
MAKE ’EM STICK
Preserve important information on prescription medicine bottles by brushing over labels with clear nail varnish. Then the label won’t be easily smudged by water or condensation.
TEXT: BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU / ADDITIONAL REPORTING: ELIZABETH LIEW / PHOTO: SCOTT HAWKINS/BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU