This go-anywhere vacuum cleaner is a whiz at keeping your home spick and span. LUCY CLEEVE gave it a run at home.
Bosch Readyy’y 2-in-1 (16.8V), $299, from major electrical stores.
WHAT IT IS
The Bosch Readyy’y 2-in-1 is a cordless, free-standing model with a sleek body and super-light design. You can detach the vacuum cleaner from the trunk and use it as a hand-held machine. After charging it fully for 16 hours before first use, and 12 hours subsequently, it can run for up to 32min.
HOW WELL IT CLEANED
• It was comfortable in my hand and glided smoothly over rugs and hard floors. I didn’t miss the drag and tangle of cords of my regular cannister vacuum cleaner at all.
• Although it didn’t quite have the power to clean dir t and dust from a high pile rug, the Readyy’y performed well on smooth surfaces and a flat woven rug.
• The swivelling pivot head made it agile , so the clean was easy, but I had to go over surfaces a couple of times for it to pick up a sprinkling of crumbs completely.
• As a handheld unit, it lacked the strength to suck up dry cereal from a tricky corner. However, a quick sweep over the breakfast table and the back of a dusty cupboard with a crevice nozzle attachment left those surfaces spotless.
• I liked the transparent dust compar tment. There’s something very satisfying about watching dust and dirt being sucked into the see-through container, and that included a trail of sand after an East Coast Park play date. It’s also easy to see when it needs emptying, which was pretty simple once I’d worked out how to detach the bin.
It’s not the most powerful cleaner but it’s really a fairly effective one for small spaces and hard-toreach areas.