Latest store openings by a local furniture retailer and the Australian DIY brand.
IN ALL SHAPES & FORMS
From retro kitchen-range cabinets and French vanity desks to a series of acacia wood furniture, local retailer Born in Colour’s diverse collection is one worth seeing in person.
Head down to Apex @ Henderson, where the local brand – which was launched in 2014 – has opened the doors to its second studio. The 2,000 sq ft space is home to the aforementioned signature collections, as well as many new ones, including wooden and granite dining sets, sofa sets, and compact dresser consoles ideal for small spaces. Thanks to its collaboration with Spin, you will also be able to find stylish ceiling fans to complement Born in Colour’s furniture pieces.
The local brand has also partnered School of Clay Arts Salon to feature and sell unique clay art pieces by local hobbyists and students.
Visit Born in Colour at #07-11 Apex @ Henderson, 201 Henderson Road, tel: 6988-3308, www.bornincolour.com.
SPOTLIGHT’S ON YOU
You know Spotlight as the go-to store for fabric, DIY craft projects, and party essentials but did you know about its wide and stylish range of home accessories?
Set a day to explore its new Westgate store, which spans a massive 25,800 sq ft, to check out its range of chic quilt cover sets, rugs in all styles and sizes, and printed cushion covers.
You can also count on the Australian brand to have decor like faux plants, vases and table accessories, as well as essentials like indoor blinds, laundry baskets and soap dispensers.
Visit the new Spotlight store at Level 3, Westgate Shopping Centre, 3 Gateway Drive, www.spotlight.com.sg.
Created by the French (it was known as serge de Nimes) and popularised by early American settlers in the 19th century, denim is a hardy cotton material that looks as good on your furnishings as it does on you. Here are our favourite picks.
1. DXO 4325X Rowan Faux Denim laminate, price upon request, from Lamitak.
2. Camberley Eton Denim fabric by Villa Nova, price upon request, from Tatum.
3. Beads sofa and cover, $219, from Muji.
4. Sanctum denim fabric three-seater sofa, $476, from Bed And Basics.
5. Patterned denim fabric, price upon request, from Onlewo.
6. Retro denim- style FAB28RDB fridge, $3,580, from Smeg.
7. Saga armchair by Bolia, from $2,543, from Kuhl Home.
8. Cube sofa by Eilersen, from $7,428, from Danish Design Co.
9. Massimo silk rug (80x200cm), from $290, from Danish Design Co.
10. Simply Denim Wash fabric by Mark Alexander, price upon request, from Tatum.