The two winners of this year’s Her World Woman of the Year awards are, simply put, absolute magic. They’re proof that there are no limits to what you can do, as long as you go all out and chase your dreams with a passion. We celebrated their never-say-die spirit with a gorgeous, glittering bash at the Shangri-La Hotel.
Achiever Kirsten Tan
and Her World
Woman of the Year
share a selfie with
family and close
Everyone came dressed to impress. But more importantly, there were warm greetings, lots of laughter, and of course, much to catch up on.
1. Caroline Ngui, group editor-in-chief (left), with Dr Georgia Lee, founder, TLC Lifestyle Practice.
2. From left: Bassam Chehaiber, partner, Yuli Inc. – Fine Jewellery; Jessie Foo, founder, Yuli Inc. – Fine Jewellery; and Dhylan Boey, Group Editor of SPH Magazines.
3. Her World Young Woman Achiever 2016 Jenny Tay, with her husband, Darren Cheng.
4. Zagna Heng, head, marketing communications, Paragon.
5. Gynaecologist Ann Tan (far left).
6. Amanda Eng, chief marketing and buying officer, Naiise.
7. Belinda Bay (third from left), general manager, Performance Motors, with friends.
8. Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu is the night’s guest of honour.
9. Actress Nadiah M Din, with husband Bilal Jeanpierre.
10. From left: Jayne Tham and Hanzade Aytacli of Skin Inc chat with Velda Tan, founder, Collate The Label.
11. Jackson Tan, director, Rise Fitness, with model Serena Adsit, founder and managing director of Mint Singapore.
12. David Gage Peh, marcom manager, Bugis Junction and Bugis+.
13. Lena Wong, marketing manager, Casio Singapore (left) and Vanessa Foo, business development manager, LVMH Group.
14. Chan Ee Lin, past president, Financial Women’s Association of Singapore (left), with Noor Quek, president, Breast Cancer Foundation.
15. Socialite Jamie Chua (right) with partner Terence Koh, and friend.
The Ride Both
Angelene and Kirsten arrived in style, having been picked up from their homes in sleek BMW 7 Series sedans, and chauffeur-driven to the celebrations.
Guests took home sweet treats from Anthon Berg, a bottle of Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair serum, and a jar of manuka honey from Manuka South.
Fashion illustrator Grace Ciao, known for her sophisticated and delicate artwork, immortalised guests and their stunning outfits in paper and ink.
Guests were dazzled by a glittering display of gems and jewels by Yuli Inc. – Fine Jewellery. No two pieces are alike, as bespoke design is what the brand has built its reputation on.
The Wall of Fame
Clearly, everyone’s a natural when it comes to striking a pose. Just look at those beaming smiles.
1. The Her World Team. Guess we clean up pretty good.
2. The Her World beauty team (from left): writer Kayce Teo, senior beauty editor Simone Wu, writer Dione Chen and senior beauty writer Lynnett Yip.
3. Her World Woman of the Year 2017, Angelene Chan, with her colleagues from DP Architects.
4. Gilbert Madhavan, general manager, and Jessie Khoo-Gan, sales and marketing manager, One Farrer Hotel and Spa.
5. Sean Chen (left), group account manager, SPH Magazines, with Jeff Khoo, strategic marketing manager, SPH REIT.
6. From left: Joyce Teh, president, TFS Singapore; beauty bloggers Leanne Ho and Cheryl Chio; and Brenda Lim, senior marketing executive (Sulwhasoo), Amorepacific Group.
7. From left: Jan Ehlen, corporate and governmental affairs Asia, BMW Group; Caroline Ngui; Koo Sok Hoon, marketing communications manager, BMW Asia; Sonja Piontek, director of marketing, BMW Asia; Diana Lee, general manager, SPH Magazines; and Horst Herdtle, managing director, Performance Motors.
8. Tan Su-Lyn and Celine Tan of The Ate Group.
9. Eric Liew, managing director, and Janice Chua, business development manager, Prime Group Asia.
10. The Her World sales team (from left): Lorraine Tiang, Diana Wong, Sean Chen, Shee Huey Miin, Angeline Tang and Lydia Lim.
More than 300 guests filled the Shangri-La ballroom for an intimate evening to celebrate two standout women.
Conversation flowed over good food and wine as guests gathered to honour women who push boundaries, and in doing so, inspire others to do the same.
1. Back row, from left: Ng Yat Chung, CEO, SPH; Sudha Nair, Her World Woman of the Year 2016; Rachel Eng, Her World Woman of the Year 2014; Janet Ang, vice-president, IBM Asia Pacific; and Loh Yew Seng, CEO, SPH Magazines. Front row, from left: Jennie Chua, chairman, Her World Woman of the Year judging panel; Minister Grace Fu; Angelene Chan, Her World Woman of the Year 2017; and Angelene’s husband, Dr Chia Tai Tee.
2. Actress Oon Shu An.
3. Patrick Daniel, chairman, SPH Magazines Board.
4. Rosa Daniel, CEO, National Heritage Board.
5. Lisa Chow, managing director, Estee Lauder.
6. Pat Law, founder, Goodstuph.
7. Henric Sark, country manager, L’Oreal Singapore.
8. Writer and winner of the Singapore Literature Prize 2014, Amanda Lee Koe.
9. Front row: Mervin Wee with his wife, beauty maven Jean Yip. Back row, from left: Dawn Yip, actress Cheryl Wee, and her husband Roy Fong.
10. From left: Dr Calvin Chan of Calvin Chan Aesthetic & Laser Clinic; Jan Ehlen; and Sonja Piontek.
11. Former Her World Young Woman Achievers: Elim Chew (middle) with Yip Pin Xiu (left) and Theresa Goh (far right). Earlier in the evening, we toasted Pin Xiu’s and Theresa’s achievements at the Rio 2016 Paralympics.
12. Entertainment for the evening – Micappella.
13. Actress Janice Koh with Wong Kim Hoh, senior writer, The Straits Times.
14. Jayne Tham and Hanzade Aytacli of Skin Inc.
15. From left: Chan Ee Lin; Paige Parker, gemologist; Sulian Tan-Wijaya, executive director, Savills Singapore; and Monica Alsagoff, director, marketing communications, JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach.
The Parting Shot
Wrapping up an inspiring evening celebrating the achievements of amazing women.
PHOTO TAN WEI TE, VERNON WONG, ZAPHS ZHANG, ANGELA GUO & SHERMAN SEE-THO