Kesa House, a boutique 60-roomer at Keong Saik Road, offers homestyle stays minus the household chores.
The alfresco terrace is one of the social areas. Have a cocktail while you take in the view of Duxton Plain Park.
What Airbnb has forever changed in the hospitality sector: giving vacationers ﬂexibility and the experience of living and hanging like the locals.
That’s why Kesa House has a great location at the heart of the action at 55 Keong Saik Road. Right across the street is the well-loved Potato Head Folk burger shack and rooftop bar. Opposite are Teck Lim Road’s Nicolas Le Restaurant for French ﬁne dining and one-Michelin-starred Burnt Ends for Australian barbecue fare.
“Kesa House allows guests to completely immerse themselves in the entrepreneurial and creative communities of Singapore, while providing comfortable and versatile spaces to work and relax in,” says Ashish Manchharam, 40, founder and managing director of 8M Collective, which also owns Ann Siang House and Base Residences.
The communal kitchen has two well-equipped cooking stations. Guests also get free coffee here in the mornings.
That’s also why the space is designed like a modern home offering various options for how you want your staycation, week-long or month-long stay to be.
• Four types of rooms are available: Cosy (compact, for stopovers); Urban (with a street view), Sky (loft-style with sky panels); and Entertain (with an outdoor terrace).
• The experience: The staff interact with guests much like how an Airbnb host would, providing recommendations on places of interest, dining establishments, jogging routes and even where to get a decent manicure.
• Social spaces: An outdoor terrace gives you that “I’m in my home garden” vibe; the communal kitchen is for when you prefer to cook; and the premises also house four restaurants and two bars.
The Urban, Entertain and Sky rooms have single or double beds. Cosy rooms have a double or two singles.
• Housekeeping: The frequency can be customised for a more environmentally-conscious and cost-effective stay.
• Complimentary 24/7 in-house launderette – for long-term guests. – JC
Kesa House’s rates are from $180++ a night, $810++ a week (five nights), and $3,528++ a month (28 nights). You can ask to extend or shorten your stay without a prior commitment to doing so.