From the clean, fresh smell of rose to the spicy aroma of lily, the scent of flowers are as diverse as their looks. Here are our favourite blends of the season.
1. Experience the serenity of a desert through the new Eternity Summer Calvin Klein for women, which allures with the subtle smell of desert rose, while star anise and bergamot complete the heady opening. At the heart of the floral composition, osmanthus and saffron are layered with a watery accord, before it closes with earthy vetiver oil, sandalwood and musk. www.calvinklein.com
2. Salvatore Ferragamo’s Signorina in fiore eau de toilette is a colourful blend that celebrates joy and romance. After a cheerful introduction of Nashi pear sorbet and pomegranate, the fragrance blooms into a bouquet of cherry blossom and jasmine. To end, notes of white musk and sandalwood create a soft, tender finish. www.ferragamo.com
3. Let Michael Kors Turquoise ease you into the summer months with a cool ocean breeze – Fleur de Sel, which means ‘flower of salt’, evoking the cerulean waters of the French coast with the scent of sea air. At the same time, water lily, cucumber and lime refresh the senses, while the dreamy aromas of jasmine and wild orchid give the perfume a feminine edge. www.michaelkors.com
4. Gucci launches a new Flora Gardenia limited edition that captures the elegance of the gardenia flower. From the light fragrance of the shrub’s first blossom to its captivating richness when in full bloom, the white flower’s intensely feminine redolence is captured in the classic Gucci Flora bottle tinted rosy pink. www.gucci.com
5. Izia by Sisley features a unique rose accord that has no official name; Countess Isabelle d’Ornano planted the roses in her garden in the French Loire Valley, which permeate the air with a citrus freshness for two weeks each May. The rose scent is even more unforgettable when enhanced by the sparkling opening, a lemony floral heart with jasmine, peony and lily of the valley, as well as the modern, slightly masculine tone of amber in the dry down. www.sisley-paris.com
6. Retelling her parents’ love story from the 60s, Tory Burch’s Love Relentlessly is an olfactory tale of romance and passion. The courtship begins as an exciting burst of pink pepper and fruity notes, before the floral heart of rose and iris takes over as the couple fall madly in love. In the dry down, the fragrance celebrates their passion with warm notes such as patchouli, amber and sandalwood. www.toryburch.com